Rialto AC Repair Services
Quality Cooling Solutions In San Bernardino & Riverside Counties
At Air One Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing, it’s our mission to make sure you are comfortable in your home. Summer in Southern California is no joke, so when the temperatures climb up, you need a reliable AC that can cool you down. If you’re experiencing issues with your unit, our AC repair services in Rialto are here to provide the quality solution you need and deserve. We are a locally owned and operated company that offers factory-trained, NATE- and EPA-Certified air conditioning repair technicians who can quickly get your system up and running again.
Signs Your AC is in Need of Repairs
It’s hard to tell if your air conditioning unit is healthy, and it’s even harder to know if it needs professional attention. Here's a quick guide to help you diagnose your AC unit and have a better idea of when you need to call in a professional:
- Dirty Condenser Coils: The condenser coils in your air conditioning unit work in tandem with the evaporator coils to remove heat from your home. If they are not properly maintained, your air conditioner cannot properly cool your home, and it will become extremely inefficient. Check if your condenser coil is dirty by inspecting the small exposed copper pipe connecting the inside unit to the outside unit. If the pipe is extremely hot, the coils are dirty, and you have your answer--call a professional AC technician.
- Strange Noises: By now, you are most likely used to the white noise that your air conditioning unit produces when it’s on and running. So, when something is wrong within the mechanics of your AC, you will hear it. If you hear squeaking sounds, grinding, rattling, or hissing, your air conditioner’s motor may be malfunctioning. You will need to schedule an appointment with a professional AC specialist to repair your AC’s motor. This will stop the noise coming from your AC and increase its efficiency.
- Strange Smells: If you begin to notice a slight burning smell coming from your air vents, your air conditioning unit is giving you a very clear sign that professional attention is required. A burning odor indicates that your motor is beginning to overheat. This is an emergent situation, as your motor is in jeopardy of a full melt-down. If not addressed by a professional immediately, your air conditioner will need replacing. Call a licensed professional immediately to assess your unit, and determine the best course of action for maintenance or repairs.
- Ice: Yes, it is possible for your AC unit to freeze over in the middle of summer. This can happen if you have a blockage in the drainage system or low levels of refrigerant in your air conditioning unit. Your HVAC unit uses your drain lines to dispose of the moisture collected by your evaporator coils. If these drain lines become clogged, back-ups occur that will freeze the coils over your entire AC unit. Frozen coils are extremely detrimental to your entire air conditioning system. Running your AC while the coils are frozen is a sure-fire way to permanently damage your compressor, which is the most expensive AC repair there is. So, if you notice your unit forming ice, immediately shut off your AC and call a licensed professional.
- Hard-Starts: A hard-start is when your AC turns on an off, multiple times, during its cooling cycle. Hard-starts put immense strain on the compressor, consequently increasing your energy bill. The most common cause of this is issue comes from failing capacitors. Capacitors are electronic devices that store and supply electricity to the motor. Without working capacitors, your air conditioner will have a hard time starting a cooling cycle. In severe cases, your AC will not start at all.
Common AC Problems
It’s perfectly normal for air conditioners to experience issues every now and then. They work hard to keep your entire home cool and, over time, they require a bit of love and attention to continue to do their duty.
Some Of The Most Common Issues Include:
- Dirty filters—Your AC pulls air into its system and, with it, any dust, dirt, or dander that is floating around. After time, these filters can limit air flow and cause your unit to work harder to cool your home, which can lead to higher utility bills. Eventually, your unit will stop cooling altogether.
- Poor drainage—Like the filters, after time, the drain line can get clogged, which will cause water to start leaking out of your unit. This can not only damage the unit itself but the area around it as well.
- Broken thermostats—Sometimes the issue with your system may not be the actual cooling unit itself but the thermostat. This could be an easy fix, and one of our HVAC technicians is ready to handle it.
- Breaker and fuse issues—If a fuse isn’t working properly, your unit may overheat. This is a common problem and one our technicians will immediately check for.
Quality Options For Older Air Conditioning Units
Additionally, old age is a common problem with poorly performing cooling units. As your system ages, it is more susceptible to breaking down. Most air conditioning units have a life span of 10-15 years. After we assess your situation, we’ll make an educated recommendation. If we believe it would be more cost-effective to replace your AC system, we’ll discuss all your options.
How To Protect Against Future Repairs
Though some repairs are unavoidable, with routine AC maintenance, you can prevent some issues and catch small problems before they result in interruptions to your home cooling. Our team at Air One Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing offers reliable maintenance services for both your cooling and heating systems, making sure you’re comfortable year-round.
Rialto's Best AC Repair Team
You have several options when it comes to AC repairs in San Bernardino and Riverside counties, but you’ll be hard pressed to find a team more dedicated to your satisfaction than ours. In addition to being factory-trained, our professional technicians are highly skilled and insured. Our team has an in-depth knowledge on all major makes and models of AC units and can confidently find the problem and fix it on the spot. We arrive on time and in uniform and treat your home with caution and respect.We take great care of your home and always answer any questions you have.
Every member of our team is working hard to be a business that is relentlessly caring for our customers and the community.
We are working every day to provide honest work for every customer. From start to finish we will be upfront and honest providing quality work every time.
3rd Generation Experts
From humble beginnings, this business was started by a family whose industry experience goes back three generations, and we provide knowledgeable, expert service for your home or business.
As a locally owned & operated company we know the area, the homes, the businesses, and we use that knowledge to better tailor our services to meet your needs.