Fontana AC Repair
Quick, Affordable Repairs for Your Air Conditioning Unit
Most people don’t think about their air conditioner until it breaks down in the middle of summer. Unfortunately, by then, it’s often too late to get a repair done without paying a fortune and/or waiting days—sometimes even weeks—for a technician to come out. However, if you take care of your AC unit by having it serviced regularly, you can avoid some repairs altogether. And for those that can’t be avoided, Air One Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing is here to help!
Most AC units have a lifespan of 10-15 years if you keep them in good shape. This will naturally require regular maintenance and the occasional repair. Call Air One Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing for AC repairs in Fontanta: (909) 505-2471.
Our Fontana AC repair professionals can help you resolve the following air conditioning issues:
- Dirty filters
- Poor drainage
- Broken thermostat
- Breaker and fuse issues
Signs It's Time for an AC Repair
A number of different issues may require AC repair, including but not limited to:
- Dirty condenser coil: The condenser coil in your AC unit helps to cool the air. If the coil gets dirty, it won't be able to do its job as well and the air will be hotter.
- Strange noises: If your AC unit makes strange noises, it might be a sign that something is wrong. The noise could mean that the coils or fins on the outside unit are dirty, something is wrong with the motor, or something blocking airflow. If your unit is rattling, hissing, or grinding, call a professional ASAP.
- Strange smells: If your AC smells strange, like burning, it could be a sign that you motor is overheating. This issue must be addressed as urgent as possible.
- Ice: If there is ice on your AC unit, it means that something is wrong. Low refrigerant levels or a blockage in the drainage system could be the source of the ice. Either way, you’ll want to shut off your AC and call a professional. If you run your AC while coils are frozen, you could do permanent damage to the compressor, which is a costly repair.
- Hard-starts: If your AC is cycling on and off frequently during the cooling cycle, it could be putting strain on the compressor (not to mention increasing your energy bill). This could be symptomatic of a failing capacitor, but you should call a professional to confirm.
Tips to Keep Your AC Unit in Great Shape
- Invest in an annual AC service tune-up
- Change your air filter regularly
- Clean the coils and fins on the outside unit
- Keep the area around your AC unit free of debris
- Make sure the indoor unit is properly sealed
Request a Free AC Repair Quote!
It's important to take care of your AC unit and have it serviced regularly to avoid major repairs. If you do end up needing a repair, Air One Air Conditioning, Heating & Plumbing offers free quotes and second opinions on AC repairs in Fontana.
Call (909) 505-2471 or contact us online to get started.
3rd Generation Experts